Sunday, July 25, 2010

poetry session

Speechless - Part I
It's not very often that I'm left without words to say. Times like these I try to immerse myself with others' poetry - one's that inspire me.




If I Was A Bird
-Floetry, from the album "Floetic"




Sometimes blindness finds me
And leads me through ignorance
Not allowing us to gain experience
So we become lifeless
At other times I cover with
Self pity or work aimlessly through reality so
Occasionally I choose to travel alone
But never fulfill my possibility so
Mostly I attempt to achieve balance
By seeking right knowledge of loving
And reviewing and eventually overstanding those
Many lessons of my life


You got me caught in a starry eyed world of dreams
And I beg to see truth and promises you made to me
Now we’ve come so far but my visions of happiness
With you in my life I’m afraid and confused
If I was a bird I’d fly


If I was a bird I’d fly away
Spread my wings so I’d escape
If I was the sky
I’d let it rain to wash away the pain


Now why do I feel so alone
Knowing I know I have you
And what made you turn around on me
What did I do
And when did love feel this way
So much pain and misery
Where’s the you I once knew
And could ya fly with me


If I was a bird I’d fly away
Spread my wings so I’d escape
If I was the sky
I’d let it rain to wash away the pain


Now I can’t stay
You won’t need me
Set me free and let me fly






1 comment: