Tuesday, October 30, 2012

poetry session

Tread with Passion


Let my eyes say all the words that my mouth cannot
And let the stride of my walk
Be a verse to Mother Nature's tune

Along Autumn laid streets
With leaves crunching at my feet
Bringing the nostalgia of your being
Back to my sensory peripheries
Like a beloved scene of a childhood memory gone past me.
I tread slowly
Yet passionately
Inhaling the cologne laced crispness that I breathe in the air 

Letting it infuse into every inch, every cell
Every molecule that is apart of me
And even though Mother Earth has communicated that the world around me
Has entered into a dormant stage,
All the more reason my passionate approach is needed to engage,
To marry the present multistaged reality into an endless 
Springtime/summer-like feeling.
I refuse to reciprocate the mundane qualities in everyday things.
But rather choose to intensate and translate
These everyday things into its everyday majesty.
Like how my icy cold hands have suddenly become warmth in his grasp...
How a heavy gray cloud laden with rain does not dare to shed a tear
Until I'm safe in his surroundings...
How each taste mandates a reaction,
A sensation that becomes food to my soul...
You know...
The kind that foodies and connoisseurs partake in
When taking in a bite, a sip,

Rolling morsels in their mouths,
Upon their tongues they let it sit,
And sup and distinguish each and every single ingredient...
Eyebrows furrow in pleasure,
Lips purse in elation...
And exclaim in exhaltation a simplistic yet majestic 

Mmmmmmm...
That means everything in the world to the one that made it...
Repeated over and over and over again until the meal is finished
In this 259,200 seconds of a weekend...
Let this be my approach...
Let me be the first to tell you
That I tread with passion
And with each moment that passes
I promise
I will not take it for granted.



j.sanjuan


12 comments:

  1. smiles....love that you capture it down to the seconds...and savor as a food critic every moment....that made me smile big as i came to your closure...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks again brian. I love food...hehe..so it was natural for me to make the correlation... :D

      Delete
  2. Just beautiful to be able to live in passion and elation and yet not take it for granted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it definitely is important...we get caught up in everyday things...I am sooo guilty of this! but i'm learning to slow down and enjoy simple pleasures... thank you for reading and commenting....

      Delete
  3. You have made the senses come alive with this poem. I love how it culminates in not taking anything for granted! Every experience is a gift. Thank you for sharing. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for reading and commenting.
      yes, every experience is a gift...I love that.
      Blessings...

      Delete
  4. June, this is just brimming with wonderful sensory images on all levels. Makes me want to step away from the computer and go out to walk the dogs NOW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...yes! Go out, and crunch up those autumn leaves!
      Thank you for reading and commenting! Blessings...

      Delete
  5. Oh how I love autumn!!!! This is passionate and sensual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Autumn is my favourite season!
      Missed you 'round lady. Thank you as always for reading and commenting. Much love and respect.

      Delete
  6. J.,

    I was "away" for several weeks- separated from my writing. This weekend I returned but, before writing, I wanted to come see the great writers and artists I had come to know in the past months and this of course brought me here- to your exquisite poetry.

    If you ever doubt your work, or wonder about the point of it all- and what artist doesn't- please, please know that the experience of reading a poem like "Tread with Passion" is an experience of communion with art, beauty, pain, death, life itself. If you created nothing else in your life but this one piece, it would be more than enough. Happily for all of us, it joins a body of work- work that matters, work that changes the world, one reader at a time, one moment at a time.

    I'm so glad to be back.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tom,
      I am deeply moved by your words. I have to say that it really has been a struggle lately with my "day-job" and writing. Every time that I feel unbalanced, I will remember these words of yours. Thank you. Much love and respect for you.

      June

      Delete