Tuesday, June 12, 2012

poetry session


The Subscript


Please…
Although it's pleasing
I insist
That you desist
With your viable ways
Of persisting
And portraying your
Licentious behavior
In phrases
Just to amaze me
Realistically,
I see how
That can be easy

Appease me this way…
Can you stay and
Assist me to
Lead me to your
Sophisticated being?
Breathe...
Subsist to coexist
With me
Submit to
Your higher level of consciousness
With which you
Can never resist me

‘Cause mental and
Spiritual connectedness
Can never restrict me
These aspects
Seem like it’s only subscript
When it’s
Character, plot, climax and never-ending

Represent me
By presenting me with
Your most Kingly being
Treat me with deserve'd respect
And I'll be on the other end
To receive thee
Reciprocate
Unconditionally to
Recreate
Reformulate
The subscript.

 
-j.sanjuan

16 comments:

  1. Hiya June,
    Full of words that one can roll around on the tongue. Would love to hear you read this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aprille,
      Thank you for reading and your inspirational idea! It IS in the works for some audio pieces for me to post. I'll be sure to let you know. :)

      Delete
  2. I think I am with aprille--this would be great read aloud! Nice piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Audrey for reading and commenting! It's really exciting to hear that the interest is there for audio. You lovely ladies are fueling the inspiration though! :)

      Delete
  3. nice....this is a rip...rapid paced...and i think that respect does go a long way to having that fire burn over a very long period...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much gratitude Brian! It's always a pleasure to have you read and comment on my pieces. Yes, respect does go a long way, as well as the need for sustainability and higher learning about each other. :)

      Delete
  4. this was fun!
    Very performance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wonderful. It's a linguistic wrestling match. But the good kind of wrestling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh yes...my favorite kind...lol...gracious thanks to you. :)

      Delete
  6. I agree, to hear this read would be sublime, but alas, reading will have to do for now and it was pleasure!!! Lovely write

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Kiana. Much love to you for taking the time out to read and comment. :)

      Delete
  7. I'd have to agree with Brian regarding the respect factor & I'd love to see this piece performed.
    Well written!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the decision is unanimous...lol...spoken word never felt so good... :)
      Endless blessings to you and thank you for reading.

      Delete
  8. One must have respect in relationship, otherwise it quickly degenerates into hatred and disdain. I love the way that you address the other by praising their qualities of excellence, then turning it around on them so that they should thereby return the favor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chazzy! You have been missed. Thank you for your thoughts. Yes, further to that, the originally stated method of 'wooing' can be very easy to do. Showcasing peacock feathers is one thing, but teach and show me true colors--that's golden. :)

      Delete