Monday, October 10, 2011

poetry session


R.I.P.


Seeing that
We both made
Our choices
And there simply is
No turning back
The fact of the matter remains
I’m still pained
By your departure

And I can surely start
To slowly walk away
But
You saw me in ways
Others couldn’t possibly
Understand
Yet here I stand
Looking over our grave
Mourning over something
That we couldn’t possibly save

Resting In Peace

And while I still feel
The emptiness and heartache
I will only take away with me
Moments where you unfailingly
Made me feel so elated and free
Appreciated for being me
And for that
I will always be
Eternally grateful

So in ending
I’m lending you my apologies
For leading us down this road
To inevitability
And the only way for me
To amend my iniquities
To redeem and do right by our memory
Is to never cease and keep

Reminiscing In Poetry


 
-j.sanjuan
 

8 comments:

  1. haha fun word play in that last RIP...yes poetry is our way of reminding them we might want to slash their tires

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah let's us get our rage out without any true crime, much better course of action..haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for your comments...hahaha..yes, i was going for the less violent approach. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You say things here with a facility and grace that I find very lovely. The voice is strong, subtle, understanding and balanced. This sustains an intimacy that I find very comforting at the same time that the subject has to be almost overwhelming. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely wordplay and enjoyed the turnaround of theme

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has such an undertone of sadness, yet there seems to be acceptance and hope. I especially like the line "standing at OUR grave." Indeed the end of a relationship is like a death.

    ReplyDelete
  7. reminiscing in poetry - I really like that!

    ReplyDelete