Tuesday, March 06, 2012

poetry session


The Cycle

 
You knew
Exactly how to treat me
Seemingly
Magnificent
In every respect
And I
Never held back or
Never harbored
Any regret

You knew
How to read me
And accordingly
React to the way
I was feeling
How to recite words
To get me wet
Poetically speaking,
You whet
My curiosity,
You pique
Reactionary peaks
In climactic reactions of release             

You knew
How to freak
With that unmistakable physique
And that unforgettable technique
Had this poet void of speech
Brought me to my knees
In receipt of weak-
Ness

Yes,
I would’ve liked to be your queen
In fact, loved to have
Quite possibly
Earned that deserv’d  esteem
Nevertheless,
In your comfortable-
Ness
You grew restless
And conveniently
Created
Perfect elusiveness

Yet
You persisted
And insisted
That I was the one
(Less the incessant
And domestic stress)
Was there something that I missed?
Was I
So high up on your list
That it made you
Reach less?
Impervious in every sense?
What has got me this stressed?
Causing me to regress
Into a cycle of
Residuals and
Non-reciprocal requests
This cyclical dependency
Has got me sick mentally.
Has me cynical to the ones who
Deserve me
Better
The ones
Who will love me
Better......
 
Tell me then, 
Who will love me better?
 
 
 
j.sanjuan

16 comments:

  1. I love the way you went from feeling innocent and almost addicted,to breaking away and becoming an independent soul once more. The lyrical flow is just musical!Wonderful write!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, it means a lot coming from you! It's always a pleasure connecting, love... :)

      Delete
  2. I agree with Mr. Wurdz...very lyrical and a wonderful musical quality.
    Lovely!!
    -Eva Von Pelt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Endless gratitude for you and your kind words! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment! :)

      Delete
  3. nice...wicked flow to this...ugh on the slow detachment i feel as the words go on...and feeling of being led on down that trail...and trapped....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh is right...ugh is just a "nice" way of putting it lol. thank you so much! Always look forward to your feedback sir! Much appreciated...

      Delete
  4. "Was I
    So high up on your list
    That it made you
    Reach less?"

    I think that quite often this happens...we can try less hard to show those that we love the most...how much they mean to us daily. Beautifully written

    Peace to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no doubt...we all know and try our best to not take our loved ones for granted, but until that ideal becomes blurred, it's so difficult to try and decipher the difference. Thank you very much for your words and your time to be able read and comment. Very much appreciated! :D

      Delete
  5. you capture that cycle feeling well in your words...the train of thought, leading to the ultimate question in the end...nicely done..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you claudia! questions, questions....always questions, huh? Some I found are best left unanswered. Always a pleasure connecting with you! :)

      Delete
  6. cyclical dependency has got me sick mentally- can so relate to this line. Nice piece, song-like qualities at certain points, love the questions posed and written with a good tone throughout. Excellent job here. Thanks for the read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate your thoughts! Thank YOU for reading! :)

      Delete
  7. I know the way this works, this circular heart-ache driving one to seek affirmation and recognition. It's so difficult to be treated this way. Your dignity demands more. You've described all with such honesty and integrity. The poem rings so profoundly with self-awareness and understanding, its words winding out the reality of emotions that are so difficult to report without skewing them away from the pain. An excellent write, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charles, this is very true...being treated this way also has a realization that we allow ourselves to continue living that way...for what reason? who knows, right? I feel so humbled by your thoughts...appreciate every word...thank you for taking the time reading, relating and sharing your thoughts :)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. thank you so much ayala! thank you for reading and commenting!

      Delete