Wednesday, July 25, 2012

poetry session


When He Speaks


I.

Am.

Humbled.
When he speaks
I am moved
When he seeks the appropriate speech
To bequeath his vocabulary
Onto my soul
And spiritual physique
He…

Does.

Not.

Mumble.
Every word
Every syllable
Every verb
Every soliloqual
Lingual adjective
Native tongue
Melliloquent
And
Superlative rhetoric
He
Is the sum
Of all my poetics
It’s almost as if
He
Spoke
In
Tongues
And I am there to receive
The Holy Spirit

When
He
Speaks
I am forced
To challenge
All my beliefs
I no longer
Beseech
The need
For clarity
He excretes
Lyrical techniques
To the degree
That I am
Brought to
My knees
Begging
For this conversational piece
To never cease
He…
Articulates peace
More like truth
A decree of his existence
The triumph of his being
The struggle in his youth
He
Speaks…

To represent…
Not
To reprove

He
Speaks
Profusely
Never uncouth
Or Abstrusely
And I
Welcome it conducely
He…

Infuses and introduces
Altruism while loosely
Seducing my mind
He
Is
Proof
That chivalry is adduce
And elocution is alive
Revolution is certain
And that momentarily
He was mine
And
I only
Strive
To be as fervent and refined
I requisition
To be immersed and baptized
In his energy
And hindsight

When
He
Speaks…

I
Realize
That something in me
Has changed
And I will never
Be the same
Suffice to say
I
Pray
Next time...
That I
Gather all I am
My air
My breath
The motion of
My diaphragm
The alignment of my spine
Allow my voice
To resonate
Let my aura assimilate
Into his inspirational
State of mind
So that
When
He
Speaks…

I am granted
The courage
Just to say
Hi


-j.sanjuan


11 comments:

  1. wow nice verse....i love how even just his voice stirs so much...and i too hope that in the end you are able to speak back next time...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you brian! at least he didn't make a negative first impression, imagine how THAT write would go... lol...

      Delete
  2. Whoa! Love this piece. So much emotion. The ending was unexpected but fit perfectly with the piece. " He excretes
    Lyrical techniques
    To the degree
    That I am
    Brought to
    My knees
    Begging"

    Talented!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you love! I'm so grateful that you enjoyed this piece as much as I did writing it... :)

      Delete
  3. nice shape & wow, a moving write altogether - I like the care & thoroughness with which you approach your thesis...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love how this reads, and the close is just excellent.

    A great write here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! I must admit, I didn't really expect the ending either....but, it fit perfectly in my mind... :)

      Delete
  5. My goodness- such a great close here. The poem really heats up and the close is just terrific. k.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment. Much love.... :)

      Delete