Wednesday, June 09, 2010

poetry session

This poem I wrote a long time ago and I've just decided to post now (thanks to someone who reminded me to do so long time ago).  Here it is for those of you who haven't read this.  For those of you who already have, thank you for enjoying it just one more time!  My inspiration for this piece - Behind every good man is a good woman.


Put Aside



You and I
Both struggle
In this complicated, criminal
Orchestrated, subliminal
Situation and
World condition
But I ask you to put them aside


Let’s put aside
Our personal revolutions
And revitalize
The memory
On what it’s like to feel alive
What it’s like to strive towards
Escapism from our reality
And instead revel in each others personality
Physicality
Sexuality


Because now I’m seeing you
Happen to pass me by
In your safe space
And it’s commonplace
For me to be leery
But instead I’m face to face
With your state of mentality
I no longer relate
To the feeling of being weary
You instigate
Stimulate certain ways of behaving
You conjure up
Emotions of yearning and aching
Your vibe and swagger
Permeate my skin
I’m no longer in my normal state of being.


So put aside your struggle
Entice and incite your mental
Thoughts of trying to visualize and
Internalize ways to further capsize
My personal
Physical
Sexual
Space
Undertake to slow down my quickness
Sample and taste my sweetness
Aim to penetrate my thickness
Separate and create miles between my pelvis
Take refuge
Put aside your day-to-day
Rest easy
Because once this moment leaves me


Eagerly
Take up your struggle once more
Fervently
Take on your soldier revolutionary cause
In which you were born
But know that
I’ll be there to sustain you
Hold you down and maintain you
To help put aside what ails you

In your constant struggle.


j. san juan

1 comment: