Monday, September 12, 2011

poetry session


You Could Be




You could be so many things to me


You could be my new beginning
My light, my answer
The end to my selfish living


You could be my motivation
My inspiration
My chance to set things in motion


You could be my equal
My counterpart, my vision
The purpose for my creation


You could have me smilin’
Laughin’, cryin’, cursin’
Believin’ in the end that it’s all worth it


You could have me singing to myself
And floating off the ground
And not worry about how I sound, whatever


You could have me writing books, flying off the shelf
Because you inspire me enough
To just wanna write something down, however


You could more appropriately be
The muse to my poetry
The personification to my thoughts


You could be my verse
The last phrase, the last word
My title, my priority, significantly on top


You could be my calm
The pulse breaking my monotony
Or the peace to my distraught


You could be my prayer
The one to help face my fear
Because you are everything that I am not


You could be my all
You could be my everything
You could be part of something revolutionary


You could be my love
You could be the one
But painstakingly enough


You could be all the things in a man
That I could ever want
You could be so many things to me…..
But you’re not.




-j.sanjuan

No comments:

Post a Comment