Wednesday, February 22, 2012

poetry session

Dilemma

Blinded to reality
I only choose to see
My inconvenient truth
That is you
I remain oblivious to
Love,
In the context of
Being selfless...
Nevertheless
I don’t love you less
Yet,
I’m selfish
To want to have you too
Am I wrong then,
If you happened to love me too
‘Cause
These things just don’t ‘happen’
Looking outside for some strong interaction
And there you just ‘happened’ to be
An answer to the distraction
It’s an abstract infraction
To seem detracted from reality
But what distracts us attracts us
And ultimately subtracts us
From who we are 'told' to be
But honestly
My course of action
Constantly needs
Redefining, you see...
I’m trying to avoid
Inevitability
Because I know
Sure enough
That I’ll have to
Let go of you
Eventually


-j.sanjuan

8 comments:

  1. nice...great wordplay here...reads very rhythmic..i like...and a dilemma for sure..smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, yes...indeed a dilemma... :)

      Delete
  2. smiles...some fun flow and word play...and life seems to be about the letting go of things...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Brian, always a pleasure reading your comments :)

      Delete
  3. Not an easy situation but nicely penned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes indeed...thank you so much for reading and your kind words :)

      Delete