Sunday, April 24, 2011

poetry session

Give Me U




If I
Give
U
Me
Would you receive me?
Allow me
Or
Give me permission to be in your midst
To enter into your compass
Be within your reach
Come into your view
Cross the threshold of your consciousness
Assimilate into your presence
Become part of your vocabulary
Entertain your masculinity
Feel the sensitivity of your skin
The density of your being




If I
Give
U
Me
I could heighten your disposition
Revive your mind set
Take your burdens and stresses
All the tension I would lessen
I could set off a realization
An awareness within your essence
I am not here to take away what you already know
About yourself and change it
Turn you into somebody that you can hardly identify with
No
I am too complacent with your common sense
Your place, your spirit and yes, even your scent
Gain status in my heart and create strong sentiment to simple things
Yes, I replay it
Every conversation in my head
Every smile that comes to my face
Every beat pounding out of my chest
And every void that you seem to have filled in my space
You give me no other way to convey it
You present yourself so real
So unadulterated
People like you are so rare to find and
So underrated
So underestimated
Elevated is my mind every time we communicate
Elated by the mere presence of your station
And yes it’s true
You never instigate any cause for complications
We are
Two personalities both one and the same
You authenticate all that is real and true for me
And I promise that
If I
Give
U
Me
That I swear I would do the same




Give
Me
U
And trust that it won’t all be in vain
Let me enter into your circle
Flow into your respected space
Create want for your desire
Hold you down when you need to maintain
Put aside
Our restlessness
Further engage
Our oneness


All you have to do is
Give
Me
U


 
-j.sanjuan

1 comment:

  1. Love it, Love it, Love it... Totally felt the poem.. for real!!

    ReplyDelete