Monday, August 15, 2011

quotes

Every now and then, I know that for myself, I tend to look back at my life and wonder certain things.  How did I get to a certain situation or circumstance (albeit professionally and/or personally), what kind of conscious decisions have I made that directly affect my position in life, and what kind of people I surround and associate myself that help create an intended outcome (simply to aid or complement the way I want to have myself be put out there).


Mind you, sometimes these situations/decisions/personalities can be a source of minor frustration.  However, the vast majority of these instances where I tend to look back at things, I am just merely being thankful.  Being thankful that regardless of it having a negative or positive impact on me, there certainly is a reason behind the things, places and people we have in our life.  Our only goal in life is to simply recognize and appreciate them to the greatest most possible degree.


All of the above came to mind when I read this quote.




"When we honestly ask which persons in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving much advice, solutions or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a gentle and tender hand. "


-Henri J.M. Nouwen

No comments:

Post a Comment