Monday, August 29, 2011

it all starts with an idea...

Last week, I was asked by my best friend to be a bridesmaid for her wedding next August.  Naturally, I was excited and honored...so, of course, I said yes!


Then...
She asked me if I could do her wedding invitations.  (Well, more like, she "told" me.  Ha ha.)
Now, mind you, card crafting is more of a hobby to me.  I've never really tried to venture out into selling my cards.  Aside from the one-off occasion during Christmas where people actually wanted to buy my cards...and I couldn't say no to making an extra dolla on the side. :)  But other than that, it's merely a casual hobby.


But nevertheless, I would do anything for my girl, so, I am definitely up for the challenge!  She sent me some websites and links to the types of styles she was interested in.  And instantly, I got inspired.  These are just some derived sketches based on the images she sent me.




And the following night, I made these mock invites.  Obviously, not the finished product, since there's still talk of different themes/colours and such, but you'll get the idea. 


Very simple, and streamlined...which makes for an easy template to work with.


Surprisingly, these weren't too difficult to make.  And I actually enjoyed making them; getting back into my card crafting mentality.  However, I'm bracing myself  now when I find out how many invites I will need to make in the not-too-distant future! Lord help me...lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment