Tuesday, June 26, 2012

poetry session


*Never give up. My words of simplictic advice to loved ones going through trying times. Stay true. This difficult moment may not BE you, but it helps you to BECOME you.*
(P.S. Happy Week 50 Open Link Night!!)



Try


My heart cries
When I see
The potential in you
Not being seen
Or fully realized.
Stop lying
And try to be
The authentic you.
Try
To be the person
I know you can
Strive to be
Defy the things
They decry you to be
And when you fall
I'll supply you
The support that you need.
I realize
This might
Not mean much
Or become reality
In this brief
Moment of futility
But trust
That when that moment comes
When you've overcome
Adversity
Living with passion and intensity
You can undeniably reply
That it didn't kill you
To try
But inexplicably
You survived
And would
Rather
Die trying
To find its meaning


-j.sanjuan


7 comments:

  1. Love it. I need to hear this often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we all do, don't we? Thanks for reading and commenting love...

      Delete
  2. nice...great inspiration...and we should all strive to be ourselves...surely...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely. we of course see this in hindsight as adults...but it's tough telling this to my 13 year old son... :/
      The joys of raising teenagers....
      Thanks for reading as always Brian!

      Delete
  3. To feel like someone has so much more to be but doesn't live it is sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sad...but I have the hope that full potential will eventually be realized. I feel it in my bones. :)
      Thank you for reading and commenting.

      Delete