Thursday, November 23, 2017

poetry session - 11/23



loving my body


I am grateful
To come home into this vessel
A body that is mine
Derived from divine intelligence
Manifested in melanin and
Feminine eminence...
Every inch, every curve
Every dip, every turn
From the soles of my feet
To every follicle on my head
I honour the God particles
Embedded in my being
Bestowing magical properties
To everything I touch...
With so much as a graze, a breath...
A gaze or a hug...
Giving my wounds a voice
Turning sadness into rejoicing
Lifting anger up for releasing
Transmuting trauma into healing...

I’ve grown to love my scars
From the constant battles I’ve had with myself
Look upon them with honour
And move with unconditional love of self....
I’ve earned my position
With gracious disposition
Highly decorated
With fearless childhood playground scars
And beauty marked birthmarks spread out like the stars...
To benchmarked stretch marked tigress stripes
To the emergency life saving C-section types...

To the softness and strength of my thighs
To my arms always open, lightly defined
To my legs for endurance, perseverance and stride
To my hips for assurance, in pleasure with how they ride
To my breasts for how they nourish, where my heartbeat resides
To my womb’s creative power and capability to give life.

I birth a new me
With every affirmation I heed
And know I am deserving
Of all the good that’s lined up for me
Still open to the lessons
That present themselves in negativity
See those moments as gifts
And respond with love accordingly
Loving every aspect
Of my body, mind, and soul
That one cannot exist without the other
As united, I am whole...


-j.jimenez



No comments:

Post a Comment