Tuesday, November 07, 2017

poetry session - 11/1


when you promised


I stand at the foot of your bed of roses
Where expired promises lay to rest...
With nothing but gratitude,
A full heart and not an ounce of regret.
The moment that you left,
You directed me
To the deepest darkest places
Inside of me in order to resurrect
The majesty of my being...
The fact that I came out stronger
And became the alchemist
Every thing you gave me
I turned it into magick
So, when you promised you would
Do and be
Say and become
The things that you wanted to be for me
For us
And it never flourished
Never manifested...
Just know that I took those remnants
And created gold
I created kingdoms
I created a universe
Where I am no longer afraid
To take up my space
I claim it... 
And I become it...
And stand in it...
Amongst the bed of roses
Of expired promises


-j.jimenez

1 comment: