Tuesday, November 07, 2017

poetry session - 11/3



over too soon


It took one word 
To set the tone
And conversation was set ablaze
Which sparked a wordplay whirlwind
Of slaying through bullshit small-talk...
And instead intuitively knowing where my Spirit plays... 
Where my heart prays... 
Where my body lays...
In between layers of real talk... 
Translated into poetic verses to where 
Womb creates waterfalls... Stay, 
With me in this instant...
Allow the ebb and flow of this exchange
To organically carry us past the verbal foreplay... stay up... 
To the challenge of this meeting of the minds... 
Remind me...
How soul connections are supposed to feel like... 
'Cause once the moment leaves us
Time won't only seem like an illusion... 
Won’t have us saying that it was
Over too soon, 
But instead... 
That it was only there to free us...


-j.jimenez

1 comment:

  1. "Where my spirit plays, where my heart prays" gurl....yes!!!! Loving these. I've missed your words. I need to bookmark your blog.

    ReplyDelete