Wednesday, November 15, 2017

poetry session - 11/11



another reason


His lips
His voice
The manner in which
He says my name
The way he instigates
Stimulates
Certain ways of being
He stirs up emotions that have me seeing
The world a bit differently
My purpose with more clarity...
And just when I think there couldn’t be
Another reason
For me to be more intrigued
He speaks to me with verses so eloquently
So carefully composed
And so rare, fully exposed to his
Attention to detail
It’s like he knew my soul’s language,
The heartbreak and healing I’ve prevailed and
The journeys it took to get me here...
To hear him utter one word
Stirred up more than i could describe
The depth of knowing
The frequency of my vibe
He effortlessly inscribed
An imprint on my Spirit
And has me looking forward
To all the other reasons
That he chooses to share and exhibit...


-j.jimenez


No comments:

Post a Comment